It was another full week in the middle school with 6th graders working on pizza ovens, 7th graders analyzing packaging and 8th graders writing laws.Thanks to parents for coming in for conferences. The week ended with a track meet for much of the middle school. The students not in track were able to help out at Dragon’s Hollow. They sorted pickets and color-coded screws and did whatever else they were asked. They were rewarded with free pizza and drinks, free cookies, and free carousel rides:).
We will return to Dragon’s Hollow on Thursday with the 6th and 8th graders. The 7th graders will be enjoying their trip to Paradise Valley!
Please join us on May 30th for the presentation of the 2018-2019 8th Grade Community Projects! Each CP group will give two presentations between 2:15 and 3:25pm in the MIS Middle School Classrooms. We look forward to seeing you there!
Finally, here are notes from the office:
- Leaving School Before June 12?
- Please let the office know if your child is leaving the school for summer before June 12 (last day of school).
- Library Reminders: Last day to check out books is May 10
- Library Books should be returned by May 31. A list of overdue books will be placed in your child’s cubby by next week.
- SILVERWOOD TICKETS ARE HERE! If your child turned in a reading log during I Love to Read month and read more than 10 hours (600 minutes), they earned a free ticket to Silverwood Theme Park. Those tickets will be in their homework folder on Thursday afternoon. Your child’s name will be on the ticket. There are no replacement tickets.
- Spanish Speaking at the Farmers Market
- Kate and Addy from the Hellgate High School IB Spanish class are looking for Spanish speakers to talk to at our local Clark Fork farmers market every Saturday this May.